Happy Constitution Day!
Students, staff and families at Chipeta celebrated Constitution Day, Friday September 16th, by creating a human flag in front of the school. All joined in singing the National Anthem and then 5th grade students presented interesting facts about the United States Constitution.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know October 16 – 22 is America's Safe School Week? In District 11 safety is our top priority. There are many measures taken every day to protect students and staff including:
- Locked doors and secure campuses districtwide with video intercom systems at all elementary and middle schools
- Colorado Springs Police School Resource Officers at all high schools who assist with situations upon request at the middle and elementary schools
- Additional security is provided by uniformed, armed security patrol officers
- The District partners with the Safe-2-Tell Program, providing students a way to anonymously report crimes, concerns or other issues
- Regular safety drills are practiced each month including fire, tornado, lockdown and shelter in place drills.
For more information about District 11 safety and security, please visit www.d11.org/security
VOLUNTEER to help with the Chipeta Book Fair! CLICK on the link below!
SHOP THE BOOK FAIR ONLINE 9/27/16- 10/14/16.
CLICK the link below!
|9/26||Community Choir, 4:30-5:30 PM, Room 34|
|9/27||CHC (Chipeta+Holmes+ Coronado) Team Building Day, 8 AM - 2:15 PM|
|9/27||FIELD TRIP, 1st Grade, 8:45 AM-2 PM, Fountain Nature Center, |
|9/27||Cross Country Meet, Chipeta Elementary, 4 PM|
|9/29||Skate City, 4 - 6 PM|
|9/30||Safety Town, K-1|
|10/3-10/6||Scholastic Book Fair, 7:45 AM-3 PM|
|10/4||Cross Country Meet, Fremont Elementary, 4 PM|
|10/4||SAC Meeting, 5 - 6:30 PM, Lounge|
|10/4||PTA Meeting, 6:30 - 8 PM, Library|
|10/7||Buddy Day 1, 12:45 - 1:15 PM|
|10/13||2nd Grade Music Assembly, 1:30 PM, Gym|
|10/17||NO SCHOOL, Teacher Work Day|
In an effort to communicate our facility needs, the District has produced a facility scorecard for each D11 school building. Click the link below to see...