Ms. Sarah Scott
Dear Chipeta Families,
Have you ever wondered why we do what we do?
In a supportive environment, we inspire children to independently and collaboratively learn, think, and grow so that they are engaged, caring, thoughtful problem solvers and active citizens – so they can be the difference!
How do we do this?
We do this by creating opportunities for –
- Purposeful balance of skill-based learning with application and problem solving.
- Failing forward and perseverance. Encouraging risk-taking and teaching self-advocacy.
- Modeling behavior, thinking, habits of mind, and trying new things.
- Student-directed, inquiry-based discovery and learning.
- Relationships and connections in a caring and safe environment.
- Accountability and high expectations.
- Developing readers, mathematicians, artists, musicians, athletes, writers, thinkers, and problem finders and solvers.
- Hands-on, experiential, and engaging learning opportunities.
As a staff, we work on identifying what makes Chipeta a fantastic place for children to learn and grow! Thank you for your support as we continue to learn and grow as a staff so that we help your children to thrive!
Sarah Scott, Principal