What Makes Chipeta Unique
CHIPETA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL...
- sequence and collaborate through coding.
- create models of understanding using the mobile MakerSpace.
- produce and play music in grade level programs, choir, band, and orchestra.
- find and solve problems using STEM and engineering design methods.
- support our community through student council-led service projects.
Parents and Community Members:
- volunteer in classrooms supporting learning and in the school to support family events.
- each spring and fall, our parents and staff offer enrichment opportunities after school. These include Chess Club, tutoring, Legomation, intramurals, crafts, cooking classes, and choir.
- collaborate with teachers to support student learning and growth.
- offers before- and after-school care through Creative Play Center’s Adventure Club
- full day kindergarten.
- serves identified Gifted and Talented students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in intensified math and reading instruction.
- builds community and relationships through a daily Morning Meeting following The Responsive Classroom model, teaching students about Habits of Work, and teaches anti-bullying through Why Try.